sam.walker@spaldinggrammar.lincs.sch.uk This blog will work better if you send me stuff to include and ask me questions. This involvement helps me work out whether this project is worth the time! Give me some feedback!



Don't forget the Sister Blog: SGS Macro Blog @ http://sgsmacroblog.blogspot.com/!

Sunday 7 November 2010

Assessment for Learning

Readers (if you are not playing COD BO) the issue of the moment is how to best answer the questions on the exam paper.

Sounds obvious, but having marked many many exam papers in my time, I know you don't do it as well as you think you do.

One way to make these expectations clearer is to plan opportunities for Peer and Self-assessment. The student has the chance to develop the skills assess the work of others, and then their own.

This week in both Y12 and Y13 we used a "Visualiser" to one person's piece of work a they wrote an essay. (Thanks Joe and James).

We looked critically at this piece of work and other pupils, doing the same piece marked the piece and also considered how their work compared and by extension, how they could improve both pieces.

What was pleasing was that no one, in either group, expected me to take in the work to mark!

NB
A Visualisers is a device to project a hard copy piece of work projector onto a writeboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment